the years I've found myself with various notes and documents scattered
places. I thought it would be nice to try to collect them all in
one place. So this is a start.
I will add to it as I go
through my analog brewing docs if I come across any useful or
interesting tidbits. If there is something you disagree with or
have something you'd like to add, please let me know. It makes
for easy reference.
- Grain Absorption = 1 Pint per
- 8# Grain = 1 Gallon Water
- Mash 1.25 - 1.5 Quarts Water
per # Grain
- It seems... Each Quart of Mashtun Capacity can handle:
- Maxgrain @ 1.25 Quarts Water per # Grain = 0.4# Grain. My
70 quart blue (I guess red holds less, haha) mashtun can hold 28# Grain.
- Maxgrain @ 1.5 Quarts Water per # Grain = 0.33# Grain. My
70 quart mashtun can hold 23# Grain.
- (OG - FG) x 131 = %ABV
- 1/2 cup Sugar = 60 grams
/ Potassium Metabisulphite / Acid Blend
- 1 Campden Tablet = 0.55 grams Potassium Metabisulphite
- 0.233333 grams Potassium Metabisulphite per gallon must
- 1.4 grams Potassium Metabisulphite = ~1/4 teaspoon Potassium
Metabisulphite (1 teaspoon = 6.2 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Acid Blend = 5.1 grams
keg dimensions will help you determine what size refrigerator you will
need to create a home kegerator.
BunaN #109 Pkg 100/$2.24
BunaN #111 Pkg 100/$2.77
BunaN #417 Pkg 10/$12.00
(Prices have probably gone up!)
is fun to look at. Check out
the prices! Lots of descriptive info regarding grains, hops and
received this from my dear Uncle
Rick. He received this from his father, my grandfather. My
Grandma and Grandpa owned a bar on the East Side of Milwaukee called
Chet & Estelle's, so I assume my Grandpa received this from his
beer distributor. My Aunt and Uncle went on to take it over as
Rick & Donna's.
Anyways, lots of very good
draught system /
draft beer information! It was created a very long time ago but
is still relevant. If you're setting up a tapper, check it
out. Cheers to Uncle Rick, Papa and Pabst!
Drink Your Grains!